Opening Ceremony and useful details about the conference
Thursday 7 September 2023, by
Dear Participants of the Rural History 2023 Conference,
As the first day of the conference approaches, we would like to share some important details and useful information with You regarding the event.
The registration will open on Monday, 11th of September at 7:30 AM on the second floor of the Main building of Babeș-Bolyai University in front of the Aula Magna room, where the conference opening will take place from 8:30. After the opening ceremony, from 10 AM the registration desk will be moved to the room noted as Information Point (room 141) on the website (in the Locations submenu) and in the booklet, close to the entrance of the building.
- Please note that the registration will be closed between 9:00 and 10:00 AM on Monday!
Please note that due to construction works in the Universității street, access to the Main building of the university is possible through the secondary entrance of the building (from Emmanuel de Martonne street) and not from the main entrance on M. Kogălniceanu street.
Please also note the fact that school will start on 11th of September in Romania, thus the majority of school opening ceremonies will be organised on Monday morning, the first day of the conference, causing a bigger traffic agglomeration and slower public transport than usual in Cluj. It will be better to attend the opening ceremony of the conference, as later the traffic will get worse. Please take this note into consideration, and leave Your accommodation earlier than the recommended time of travel on Google Maps or Moovit on Monday morning.
The short programme of the Conference opening as it follows:
8.30-9.00: Introductory speeches and general information
o Daniel David, Rector of the Babeș-Bolyai University
o Ovidiu Ghitta, Dean of the Faculty of History and Philosophy
o Patrick Svensson, President of the EURHO Organisation
o Enikő Rüsz-Fogarasi, Chair of the conference and of the organizing committee
- Any possible changes to the programme or events of the conference will be announced by Enikő Rüsz-Fogarasi at the opening ceremony
• The vouchers for participants who have requested dining or to take part in city tours, excursions and the event at the Ethnographic Park will be placed in the conference bag, which You will get at registration.
- For more information about the excursions and city walks, please check the excursions submenu on the website, or ask our colleagues at the Information Point.
• The 15 successful applicants for the PhD student grants will receive their certificates at the Welcome drink/dinner on Monday evening.
• The Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania and the Ethnographic Park of Clujcan be visited by the participants of the conference for free, with the conference badges/passes. The Ethnographic Museum can be visited on Wednesday and Thursday from 10 AM until 18 PM.
• Regarding the weather, it will be quite warm in Cluj-Napoca on the week of the conference. 28-30 degrees Celsius are predicted for the daytime, with sunny weather, and a minimum of 13 degrees at night. For Thursday a smaller chance of rain is predicted, but no drop in temperatures, thus Everyone can prepare with clothes for summer weather with a thin jacket for the evenings.
We are glad to welcome Everyone to Cluj-Napoca, and see You at the conference next week! :)