The Political Elite from Transylvania (1867-1918)
Research project financed by CNCS-UEFISCDI through the research grant PN-II-ID-PCE-2011-3-0040
© 2011-2012. The Project Team
Welcome to our project’s home page!
Our project’s main goal is to study the political elite from Transylvania (between
1867-1918) - a term which encompasses:
- the entire body of representatives from the Hungarian Parliament (MPs) elected
in the collegiums of Transylvania, Banat and the Western Parts;
- the high administrative servants (Lord-Lieutenants, Vice-Lieutenants);
- the politically-involved ecclesiastical elite and the counter candidates who lost
The project’s aims:
- to catalogue the aforementioned political elite, which will serve as the object
of serial analyses;
- to identify elite political networks, behaviours and group strategies;
- to perform an analysis of their political discourse.
The Hungarian Parliament